Monday, April 2, 2007

Baby fat

not his....mine. all mine. all 30 luscious lbs of post baby fat. it's starting to sound silly even to me when i say, "oh, this weight? i just had a baby". yeah like 15 months ago. the truth is, i have tried many, many times to shed this weight but guess what? having a velcro baby does not easily allow one to exercise. obviously i won't take him to the gym daycare, kinda gross if you ask me. so let's see.....stroller, hmmmm, well turns out he doesn't like to be in the stroller. the exception is like three or four times that he enjoyed himself but i couldn't seem to enjoy myself because i was just waiting for the crying to begin. backpack you say? doesn't always like that either and it really hurts my back and causes a headache that lasts for 3 or 4 days. the one thing that he does like is my aisan style carrier which we conveniently left on the airplane during our trip to hawaii. i have ordered another but the problem with it is that i cannot put him on my back alone and he is too heavy to carry in the front so i have to have someone go with me for all walks which isn't always easy.

so am i doomed to carry this extra weight until my son goes to school? um, i don't think so. i am working things out with mike and my mom so i can have an hour or so a day to do whatever kind of exercise floats my boat. now it's truly up to me. we are going on a cruise in october and i would really like to strut around in my bathing suit rather that sit in my windowless room ordering room service while jett and mike enjoy the sunshine. i'll keep you posted.

No comments: