Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Little Boys


when i was young, i always played with dolls. i always had one baby, a girl, and no husband. when i got older, i really never wanted kids and doubted i would ever marry. i always wanted to carry a baby and birth it but had no interest whatsoever in raising it. then i met mike. i did get married much to my surprise and even dreamt of having a baby of my own. little did i know i would have to go to hell and back to have one but that is another story. when i finally did become pg, i knew that because of my patience (what else could i do but wait?) God would reward me with my precious girl. it couldn't be any other way, four generations of girls...my grandmother, mother, myself and my wonderful daughter who would be my best friend forever. we would be a perfect foursome that would lunch and shop together. but when i went in for my ultrasound, what did i see?? a penis on my precious baby! we hadn't even discussed boy names ever. but you know what? i fell so in love with my baby boy that very second and knew right then and there that God did bless me. more than i could have imagined. i was made to be a mother to a son. i even love to look at bugs now through his little exploring eyes and can't wait to buy him a bug barn to collect them. isn't God a clever one? and we do have a perfect foursome. i have never seen my mother or grandmother so in love with someone as they are with jett, it makes my heart sing.


today i spent the day with some friends of mine who both have sons around the age of jett. it is truly amazing to watch your child interact with others their age. they were perfectly happy to wander around the wooded terrain and pick up everything that caught their fancy. at one point jett was eating chips and picked up a crunchy leaf and ate that as well. they were captivated by some rain water that had collected in a fishing boat. sure there were girls there too but boys, well they're just different. i love how jett loves the sound of a big truck and makes a truck sound whenever he sees one. they all stared in quiet awe when the water truck came to fill the tank. if they were older, they would probably all have wished to become truckers when they grew up. there is just something really special about being a mom to a boy.

No comments: